To better meet the increased need for services, we have expanded our call center hours. Individuals needing to reset their PIN or submit an application may call 1-877-OHIO-JOB (1-877-644-6562) toll-free during the following days and times:
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Those needing other assistance with their claims may call 1-877-OHIO-JOB (1-877-644-6562) toll-free during normal weekday business hours.
I know that you are receiving many of the same questions we are, and we want to ensure you have the most up-to-date information to help field these inquiries. Some of the most common questions have to do with when claims become active and confusion over automated notices that are built into our legacy system but that may not apply to recent applicants. Please note:
- All benefits will be retroactive to the date a person became eligible.
- Any delays in processing will not affect a claimant’s total benefit amount.
- If claimants receive automated notices about any of the following, they should IGNORE them:
- Work search
- School employment
- RESEA/UCRS programs
- Union verification
Additionally, there is likely to be confusion over notices generated by the retroactive payment process. We are emailing the affected claimants directly, but want you to have the information as well.
- To backdate an already established claim, we will need to withdraw the established claim. This means that a claimant will receive a notification that his or her application has been denied. The person may even receive a notice that he or she was overpaid benefits. Claimants should ignore these notices.
- The following day, we will reenter a new application with the proper effective date. A claimant may see a notification that the claim is pending. Any weeks that the person has filed will move to the new claim.
- Claimants will receive a call instructing them how to file any back weeks.
Note that claimants do not need to take any action but will receive
the full amount they are owed.
Thank you for your continued partnership and your commitment to Ohioans as we all navigate this difficult time together. Please continue to provide us with questions that you are receiving from constituents and participate in our Monday calls. Have a good weekend.
Note: This information was provided by ODJFS State Director, Kimberly Hall.