Marriage License

In the State of Ohio, the Probate Court issues marriage licenses. 
When applying for a license, BOTH applicants must appear at the Court. The court will not issue a license to anyone who appears under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. You can apply online 24/7 below or in person during business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. NOTE: It is advised that you be at the Court no later than 3:30 p.m. to process your application.

Once a license is issued, it is valid for 60 days. There is no waiting period to use your marriage license. However, if 60 days pass without getting married, the marriage license expires and you must re-apply for a new license. 

Residency Requirements:
You must have an Ohio marriage license if you intend to get married in the State of Ohio. You must apply for a marriage license in the County where you reside. If you are an out of state resident getting married in Ohio, you must apply for a marriage license in the County where the marriage ceremony will take place. Proof of residency will be required (utility bill, rental/lease agreement, financial statements, W2 or other tax documents can be substituted).

Officiants Permitted to Solemnize Marriages:
An ordained or licensed minister of any religious society or congregation within Ohio licensed to perform marriages, an authorized judge of a municipal or county judge, the mayor of a municipality of their own county, the superintendent of the state school for the deaf, or any religious society, in conformity with the rules and regulations of its church are permitted to perform a marriage ceremony.  

To verify if your officiant is licensed or to obtain information about licensing, please contact the State of Ohio Office of the Secretary of State at (614) 466-2585 or Note: it is the responsibility of the applicants to verify the certification of the officiant and to make sure that the officiant returns the proper documents to the Court. 

Required Information:

  • Marriage License fee is $60.00 CASH ONLY-NO EXCEPTIONS. There is not an ATM on site.
  • Each applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. If either applicant is under the age of 18 years of age, you must have a certified copy of the Consent to Marriage filed by the Juvenile Court as well as a pre-marriage counseling letter from either a licensed minister (on church letterhead/stationary) or counseling agency. 
  • BOTH applicants MUST COME TOGETHER with the following information:
    • A current driver's license, state ID or Passport
    • Social Security Card or proof of social security number (W2, tax return, etc.)
    • Proof of county residency, if different from your ID (utility bill, rental/lease agreement, bank statement, W2, tax document, etc.).
    • If either party is widowed, a certified copy of the death certificate is required.
    • If either party was previously married and the marriage ended by divorce or dissolution, a certified copy of the most recent Divorce/Dissolution  Decree is required. 

For further questions or concerns, please contact the marriage license office at

The following individuals have contacted the court and expressed an interest in solemnizing marriages:
Adam Withrow - 567-241-5002
Crystal Lybarger - 419-565-8172
Danielle A. Olney - 330-970-7377
Jim Pierce - 419-565-5882
Meghan Renner - 419-545-3954
Michael J. Snyder - 419-543-7842
Richard A. Herrmann - 419-566-4649
Rob Nelson - 567-241-2276
Robert Fisher - 419-342-5550
Sara M. Kent - 419-564-0068
Samantha S. Smith - 419-564-6943
Timothy Mangas - 419-610-4336
William Humphrey - 740-263-1171
Suzie Massa - 567-241-8442
Roberta Horner - 419-961-9964
Bill Staton - 419-566-8155