The Risk Management Department, under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, is charged with keeping Richland County employees safe at work and reducing County expenses by managing risk and reducing losses. This group serves as the primary contact for all CORSA claims (County vehicle accidents, property damage, liability claims), Workers’ Compensation claims and safety issues.
All accidents or incidents involving County employees or any County property must be reported to Risk Management.
In addition, Risk Management focuses on:
- Implementation of safety policies and compliance with PERRP (Public Employee Risk Reduction Program),
- Ohio public employers’ equivalent to OSHA.
- Coordination of safety policies and related training (Driver Training, First Aid, CPR, Fire Safety, etc.) id, CPR, Fire Safety, etc.)
- Fire and safety inspections of all County buildings, as well as accident investigations
- Inspection of all County vehicles and Motor Vehicle Record checks of all County drivers
- Management of the County’s Workers’ Compensation program
- Coordination of the County’s liability and property insurance coverage through CORSA (County Risk Sharing Authority), which includes maintaining lists of insured buildings, vehicles and equipment
- Reporting and documenting all liability and property insurance losses
50 Park Avenue East, Mansfield, OH 44902
Jenny Phelps, Loss Control Program Coordinator